Congratulations to Arlington County on the upcoming vote on the updated Community Energy Plan at the September 21 Arlington County Board meeting. The updated plan includes a commitment to 100% clean, renewable electricity community-wide by 2035! This is a huge step forward for clean energy for our Arlington community and our planet.
Please join EcoAction Arlington, the Sierra Club, and other clean energy supporters at the September County Board Meeting when the Community Energy Plan will be voted upon and help us pack the room to show strong community support for this exciting commitment! Afterwards, we will celebrate with a rally outside of the government offices. We are excited to let our elected officials know how important this goal is and to celebrate their leadership on this issue as climate champions.
When: Saturday, September 21
- 9:00 a.m. – board meeting start
- TBD – Community Energy Plan vote
- 12:30 p.m. – Celebratory Rally
- Meeting at Arlington County Courthouse Plaza, 2100 Clarendon Blvd, County Board Room 307, Arlington, VA 22201
- Rally on the plaza adjacent to Courthouse Plaza building