Are you a current student at an Arlington high school with an interest in environmental issues? Do you need community service hours?
If so, consider becoming a student board member with EcoAction Arlington . By joining the leadership of EcoAction Arlington you will:
- Learn how a nonprofit board functions.
- Work with a community board member mentor.
- Shadow board members to experience leading meetings, finance, fundraising, and organizing events.
- Contribute to our efforts to engage Arlingtonians in creating a sustainable community.
- Develop communication and management skills.
- Meet other students who share similar interests.
EcoAction Arlington collaborates with a broad cross-section of the community, including Arlington schools, businesses, places of worship, and local government. And, we emphasize service to low-income residents.
We plan to have four to five student board positions in 2017-2018 and would like to represent as many Arlington high schools and programs as possible. To learn more about our student board positions and how to apply, please visit our board openings page. Applications for the 2017-2018 term should be submitted no later than February 15.
Questions? Contact Elenor Hodges via email or 703-228-6427.