To celebrate 35 years of promoting sustainable lifestyles, EcoAction Arlington is excited to announce the’ EcoAction Arlington of Cupcakes‘ contest at the’ Green Living Expo and Earth Week Community Fair‘ on Sunday, April 21 at 1:00 p.m.
K-12 Students: Enter the Contest!
Do your know an aspiring chef who loves cupcakes and would like to judge the EcoAction Arlington of Cupcakes contest? EcoAction Arlington is seeking one K-12 student to join the judges panel. Visit our website to read the guidelines and complete an application. The deadline is midnight on Tuesday, April 16.
EcoAction Arlington of Cupcakes Spotlight
Contestant chefs will create anniversary cupcakes to celebrate EcoAction Arlington’s accomplishments engaging local residents in environmental stewardship and protecting our air, water, and open spaces. Entries will be judged based on taste, whether design connects to EcoAction Arlington’s mission, and the use of organic and local ingredients.
The contestant chefs are:
- David Guas of’ Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery‘ in Courthouse
- Bridie McCulla of’ Northside Social‘ and’ Liberty Tavern‘ in Clarendon
- Lindsay Meehan of’ Red Velvet Cupcakery‘ in DC and Reston
The judges include:
- Sam Alnahhas, Executive Pastry Chef, Main Event Caterers
- Scott Brodbeck, Editor, ARLNOW.com
- David DeCamp, Chair, Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- K-12 Arlington Student Judge – TBA
Virginia Senator Barbara Favola will serve as master of ceremonies.
Stop by the Expo from 1:00 to 1:45 p.m. to taste the chefs’ offerings and see who will be the winner!
Pre-registration‘ is strongly encouraged!’ Pre-registered participants receive expedited registration, a free raffle ticket, and a giveaway.
We’re also seeking’ volunteers‘ to help for a two- to three-hour shift between 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.’ Sign up online.