Thank you for your interest in the Arlington County Tree Canopy Fund.
STOP! Do not fill out this form if you live in one of the following neighborhoods:
Arlington View, Aurora Highlands, Buckingham, Columbia Heights, Glebewood, Green Valley, John M Langston, Long Branch Creek, Penrose, Radnor/Ft Meyer Heights.
If you live in one of the 10 neighborhoods listed above, please fill out the form for The Tree Canopy Equity Program. which includes additional plant species offered thanks to funding from the Virginia Department of Forestry.
Important – please read
- The deadline for applications is midnight on Friday, January 6.
- You must complete a separate application per tree. If you are requesting multiple trees, then refresh this page after submission to fill out another application form.
- Review the Background Material and Resources page for additional information and to confirm your eligibility to participate.
- Please note that participants who change their minds about getting a tree after applying are none-the-less requiring large amounts of time and expense on the part of EcoAction Arlington and the many volunteers who support this program. If you withdraw your application after February 15, then we have already ordered and paid for your tree. We hope you will commit to planting any trees that you apply for unless there are extreme, unexpected circumstances. If you need to withdraw your application, please notify us as soon as possible in writing and include a reason for the withdrawal. We reserve the right to not accept future applications to this program from anyone who withdraws their application without a reasonable explanation after February 15.
- If you have questions or problems with the application, please contact EcoAction Arlington at email@example.com or 703-228-6427.
Instructions – how to apply
- Review Program Guidelines to make sure your property is eligible and you understand how applications are evaluated. Please include information about how your application meets the priorities listed on page 2 of the guidelines in your answer to the question “Please indicate which Tree Canopy Fund priorities this application will meet.”
- Review the list of species available
- Complete the application below by midnight, January 6, 2023. There is a PDF of the application form
- Your application must include a photo of the planting site and a sketch of the planting site uploaded at the time of the application. The form won’t submit without these two items.
- For your photo, the ideal picture will include someone standing in the location where the tree will be planted when you take the photo. Please use the photos in the form below as a model; make sure that it’s clear in the photo that the surroundings are suitable for a large tree. We won’t approve an application without a photo. If you are unable to upload a photo, please upload a letter explaining why not. The maximum file size is 6MB. If your photo is too large, then use a free online tool to resize it first.
- You will get an auto-confirmation message with a copy of your application for every form that you submit. Make sure that you write your correct email address and check it regularly! If you don’t get a confirmation email, then we did not receive your application. In that case, please try resubmitting.
- Make sure to submit a photo of the planting spot, a map of the property, and to initial the last question! These are the most common reasons that applications are not complete and don’t go through our system.
- Mandatory questions are marked with red asterisks.
- Scroll down to access the actual application form.
Please fill out this form to apply for trees to be planted in Spring 2023. If you are requesting multiple trees, then you must complete a separate application per tree.
Do not fill out this form if you live in one of the following neighborhoods: Arlington View, Aurora Highlands, Buckingham, Columbia Heights, Glebewood, Green Valley, John M Langston, Long Branch Creek, Penrose, Radnor/Ft Meyer Heights.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact EcoAction Arlington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-228-6427.
The deadline for submissions is midnight on Friday, January 6.