The application form below is for trees to be planted in the Spring 2019. If you have questions or problems, please contact EcoAction Arlington at [email protected] or 703-228-6427.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Monday, January 7.
Here’s how to apply:
- You must complete one application per tree.
- Review program guidelines to make sure your property is eligible and you understand how applications are evaluated. Please include information about how your application meets the priorities listed on page 2 of the guidelines in your answer to the question “Describe how planting this tree will meet the priorities of the Arlington County Tree Canopy Fund.”
- Review the list of species available and be prepared to select your top two choices of species.
- Please note that participants who change their minds about getting a tree after applying are none-the-less requiring large amounts of time and expense on the part of EcoAction Arlington and the many volunteers who support this program. If you withdraw your application after February 15, we have most likely already ordered and paid for your tree. We hope you will commit to planting any trees you apply for unless there are extreme, unexpected circumstances. If you do need to withdraw your application, please notify us as soon as possible in writing and include a reason for the withdrawal. We reserve the right to not accept future applications to this program from anyone who withdraws their application without a reasonable explanation after March 1.
- Complete the application below by midnight, January 7. There is a PDF of the application available for reference so you can review required information before you apply online.
- Your application must include a photo of the planting site uploaded at the time of the application. Ideally, have someone stand in the location where the tree will be planted when you take the photo. Please use the photo below as a model. We are very unlikely to approve an application without a photo. If you are unable to upload a photo, please upload a letter explaining why not.